Waterfall – Stronger than firewalls
Waterfall Unidirectional Security Gateways enable monitoring of industrial networks for operational needs without cyber risk. The gateways provide network perimeter protection with a hardware enforced, physical barrier preventing remote attacks, malware, DOS attacks, ransomware and human errors originating on external networks.
Unidirectional Gateways replicate servers, emulate industrial devices and translate industrial data to cloud formats, enabling vendor monitoring, industrial cloud services, and visibility into operations for modern enterprises and customers. Waterfall’s technology is a plug-and-play replacement for firewalls,without the vulnerabilities and maintenance issues that always accompany firewall deployments. Unidirectional Gateways contain both hardware and software components. The hardware components include a TX Module, containing a fiber-optic transmitter/ laser, and an RX Module, containing an optical receiver, but no laser. The gateway hardware can transmit information from an ICS network to an external network, but is physically incapable of propagating any virus, DOS attack, human error or any cyber attack at all back into the protected network.
Uni-Directional Gateway Approach
- Hackers on the outside have no physical hacking path
- The secured NETWORK is protected (with all internal assets)
- Hacking sessions are impossible
- Absolutely no data transfer in the “wrong” (i.e. RX->TX) direction
- Absolute protection against outside hackers and data theft
- Protection for data, network and network-connected assets
- Unidirectional core is fully future-proof
- Flexibility through the software agents
- Advanced administration and monitoring capabilities
- Extensive protocol and application support
- Immune to human error or mis-configuration